Tremco Construction Products Group Europe
Creating a unified platform for seven different product brands
Bringing a diverse range of brands and product data together under one roof
Tremco Construction Products Group (CPG) Europe comprises several leading construction products and services from sealing tapes to external insulation and façade systems.
The group wanted to consolidate and standardise its website approach across all seven brands and European territories, whilst streamlining the delivery of product information.
They needed a web platform through which customers and internal marketing and product teams could access technical, sales, marketing, and product content.
- Implement the new corporate branding – but allow each product brand to retain its unique personality while sharing a common feel.
- Standardise usability – while product brands varied greatly, they had to share key features such as layouts and user journeys.
- Consistency – Lift the content and systems from the different websites and migrate them onto a single multisite instance of Umbraco.
- Multilingual – Have the flexibility to create individual versions of each page in multiple languages.
- Tremco CPG Europe were running a parallel project to streamline how they managed product information across the business. A key challenge was to connect the web platform to the new Product Information Management system to deliver a ‘single source’ of product information.
In working with QUBA, we have discovered a technology partner who are not only skilled in their trade, but also willing and capable of understanding the intricacies of our multi-brand, multi-national business. The entire team has been a pleasure to work with from initial discovery, through design and UX, to development, deployment, and after-care.
- We created one instance of Umbraco that would be used to deliver all seven websites.
- Using the CMS, client teams could produce new language versions of websites themselves.
- We designed a product journey, which allows users to filter by product, system, application or concept in the same way across all websites, standardising usability.
- Our developers created an API to push data from the 'Inriver' PIM system out to Umbraco. For performance gains, we utilised MongoDB to store and display the data into Umbraco to include search and filtering.
The new platform positions Tremco CPG Europe as one corporate brand across all its product brands while allowing each product brand to retain its unique personality.
The system works with automated product data from their PIM, but can easily be manually edited, so personalised changes can be made to meet regional marketing needs.
European teams can create and manage their own localised versions of each product brand website.
The solution has been engineered to evolve with Tremco CPG Europe’s needs, and new components can be added when required.
Allen & Overy