A transformation project enabling commercial customers to specify complex, high value projects online.
Ideal Standard supply an extensive range of sanitary ware into large commercial projects. Their primary audience is architects and designers who use the ‘The Blue Book’ catalogue to reference products. Ideal Standard wanted to move the whole product range online and introduce an application that would specify their products directly into architect plans.
Project highlights included:
- A front end product catalogue website linking through to a specification tool
- Repurposing and migrating 6000 product records from a SAP database
- Creation of a bespoke specification engine which manages over 10,000 complex product assemblies
- Customers can create multiple projects and bathroom specifications with speed and precision
"We’ve had terrific feedback and see this service as being hugely influential in our growth strategy"
A crucial part of the technical process was importing the product data from the inhouse SAP system and building the intelligence that would allow customers to pair products together to form complex assemblies.
During the project discovery we realised that the project structure in SAP was not in line with what the business needed the data to do. This meant that we had to redesign both the data and the technical architecture which is demonstrated below.
With a number of Ideal Standard customers needing access to their projects in a variety of locations availability on mobile & tablet was essential.
An offline application was created for Ideal Standard’s teams to enable them to access the catalogue and specification engine offline. Project specifications are automatically synchronised when reconnected to the internet.
For iOS, a native app was built and is downloadable from Apple’s App Store.
The Ideal Spec project has signaled a step change for Ideal Standard in how they conduct business with their commercial customers.
- Products are specified earlier in the procurement process
- Time savings in processing customer orders
- Improved view of sales pipeline