This blog post is to support our webinar on using social media ads to amplify your content. For those who were unable to join us, we have embedded a recording below. We cover a lot of detail in this webinar, so there are also some notes below the recording.
In case you missed it, or want to replay the session there is a recording of the webinar below.
Key takeaways from the session include:
- How to adapt to declining organic reach on social media
- How to use precision targeting to reach the right people
- How to use industry events and real-time ads to target an already engaged audience
- How to decide which social channels are best for your promotional activities
What is ‘organic reach’ on social media?
- Understand how many people your content is reaching when you post it without advertisements
- Organic reach is typically declining across all platforms, but especially Facebook
- More content = more competition
- Need for quality content in order to stand out
Total number of pages ‘liked’ by the typical Facebook user: +50% YoY
Average number of potential stories that could appear on your Facebook news feed at any given time: 1,500
Your content has a much better chance of reaching the right audience if you amplify it using paid social advertisements
- With the right channel and the right targeting, social media advertising can be cost effective.
- It’s a good way to boost brand awareness
- People share and engage with content. You’ll find higher engagement rates than with product/service posts
If you’re expecting immediate sales then you might be disappointed.
Social ads keep you ‘front of mind’ for when your target audience are ready to make a buying decision
Which channels are right for my business?
- Facebook for B2C
- LinkedIn for B2B
- Twitter for B2C & B2B
But the most suitable platforms will depend on your content and your target market.
Review, learn, adapt
- Review your ad performance using platform metrics (available on all social media platforms)
- Ensure your content is mobile friendly
- Mobile is a browsing platform for potential customers & this is ideal for content marketing